ConvEGGtor, also known as a platesetter, for all Big Green Egg Grills
Full Round with 3 Leg ConvEGGtors:
- XL ConvEGGtor®, 401052, 0665719401052
- Large ConvEGGtor® 401021, 0665719401021
- Medium ConvEGGtor®, 401038, 0665719401038
- Small ConvEGGtor®, 401045, 0665719401045
- MiniMax ConvEGGtor®, 116604, 0665719116604
Half Moon ConvEGGtors:
- 2XL Half Moon ConvEGGtor, 120960, 0665719120960
- XL Half Moon ConvEGGtor, 121820, 0665719121820
- Large Half Moon ConvEGGtor, 121035, 0665719121035
- Medium Half Moon ConvEGGtor, 127373, 0065719127373
The convEGGtor®, also known as a platesetter, is a heat deflector that creates a barrier between the food and fire. A deflector is necessary on extended cooks, as it protects the bottom of the food from burning.
Using a heat deflector (ceramic piece) in ceramic grills is universally called an indirect set-up. Most indirect set-up are typically:
- BBQ cooks - ribs, brisket, pork butt or smoked chicken;
- extended cooks with cook temperatures below 300°F,
- delicate cooks that don't favor direct heat,
- pizza cooks.
Most ceramic grill manufacturers prefer ceramic (pizza) stones over the convEGGtor. Flat stones are easier to handle and offer more flexibility when it comes to setting up a cook.