ConvEGGtor, also known as a platesetter, for all Big Green Egg Grills
- XL ConvEGGtor®, 401052, 0665719401052
- Large ConvEGGtor® 401021, 0665719401021
- Medium ConvEGGtor®, 401038, 0665719401038
- Small ConvEGGtor®, 401045, 0665719401045
- MiniMax ConvEGGtor®, 116604, 0665719116604
Using a heat deflector (ceramic piece) in ceramic grills is universally called an indirect set-up. Most indirect set-up are typically:
- BBQ cooks - ribs, brisket, pork butt or smoked chicken;
- extended cooks with cook temperatures below 300°F,
- delicate cooks that don't favor direct heat,
- pizza cooks.
Most ceramic grill manufacturers prefer ceramic (pizza) stones over the convEGGtor. Flat stones are easier to handle and offer more flexibility when it comes to setting up a cook.