If your XL EGG is new or a couple years old, no worries, you can skip this page.
The XL grills have gone through improvements over the years, so we need to point out that not all set-ups may work in all XL size grills. It's important for you to read this page and verify set-ups.
XL Adjustable Rig:
KJOE: For the Kamado Joe® Big Joe, the XL Adjustable Rig can only sit directly on the fire ring. It's a great spot to grill on a raised grid in the dome. Or, add a ceramic stone and smoke on the best set-up among all ceramic grills. The XL Rig can not sit atop the Divide and Conquer® or XL Woo Ring. The dome will not close.
BGE: From 2008 to 2012, the Big Green EGG XL grill went through a number of improvements. If your grill is new or a couple years old, you are good to go on all set-ups. If you grill is older than 2012, we recommend you take the measurement outlined below and confirm set-ups.
- set the XL Big Green EGG cooking grid on the fire ring and close the dome;
- slide a tape through the daisy wheel until it hits the grid;
- take the measurement at the daisy wheel. The measurement need not be exact, just in the ballpark of either 14", 15" or 16".
If your measurement is approximately 16" - it's good news. The XL Rig can be used with the XL Woo or ConvEGGtor/platesetter for super raised or multi-grid set-ups. Plus, the XL Rig can sit directly on the XL's fire ring to grill or smoke (BBQ) on the best set-up among ceramic grills.
XL Woo Ring:
To make sure XL Woo Ring fits your XL EGG or Big Joe, we recommend you take a quick measurement. If you have questions or need more help, feel free to call or email us.
Again, if your XL EGG is new or a couple years old, you are OK. If in doubt, it would not hurt to check the measurement.
Measurement: As pictured below, measure from the top of the fire ring to the felt line. The measurement need not be exact, just in the ballpark of either 2 or 3 inches.
- If your measurement is approximately 2 inches, you can stop now. Unfortunately, we no longer fabricate an XL Woo Ring for your grill.
- If your measurement is approximately 3 inches or more, all is good, the XL Woo Ring fits your XL Big Green EGG grill and Kamado Joe Big Joe.
Our XL Spider and XL Lump Reducing Rings work in all XL Big Greeen EGGs and Kamado Joe Big Joes. The XL Ang-L Brackets only fit the XL Big Green EGG.
Visit the XL Rig pages to learn how you can add flexibility and capacity to your cooks - including the best indirect set-up for any ceramic grill. That's right, it beats any set-up going!