- Spiders have 3, 4 or 5 legs. Number of legs depends on what's atop your fire ring/box: dimples, notches or totally flat.
- Placing the Spider in or out of the notches/dimples is your option.
- Sitting down into the fire ring, most Spiders drop approximately 1.5" - 2" into the fire ring. In or out of the notches will affect the drop.
- Sitting inverted (up), most Spider elevate approximately 1" - 2.5" above the fire ring. Again, it's dependent on being in/out of the notches.
- Spiders are fabricated with 1/4", 304 Stainless Steel round bar. The exceptions are the XL Spiders. They are beefier, 5/16" Stainless, round bar material.
- Tig welds connect the legs to the ring.
- Spider weigh less than two pounds.
- We fabricate all Spiders in our wire fabrication shop. Proud to say - Made in the USA by Ceramic Grill Store!
- cast iron grid for searing close to the fire;
- full ceramic stone for setting up indirect for a smoking, BBQ, cook on a grid above or big cook on the Adjustable Rig;
- half ceramic stone for dual temperature zones over the grid above;
- wok for Asian flare;
- Round Stainless Drip Pan to catch drippings.
Under normal conditions, 304 grade stainless is generally resistant to rust and corrosion. Unfortunately, given the huge temperature swings with ceramic cooking, the temperatures in and around the Spider are anything but normal ambient conditions. So we need to point out that in all likelihood the Spider will show signs of corrosion. To settle our curiosity, we grabbed one that has seen heavy action and gave it a quick buffing. As you can see, it cleaned right up.