Two 15" Ceramic Half Stones Most Common Uses:
- Pizza Stone for Grills with an 18" or Larger Cooking Grid,
- Heat Deflector on Low & Slow, BBQ Cooks,
- Half Stone Set-ups for Grilling with Dual Temperature Zones
Using two Half Stones is the perfect way to get more for less money. Combine the benefits of the 15" Full and Half Round Stones by getting two 15" Half Stones. Using two half stones has negligible impact on cooks requiring a full stone.
One or both Half Stones fit:
- directly on an 18" or larger cooking grid,
- Big Green Egg® Large Adjustable Rig,
- Big Green Egg PSWoo Ring (requires Spider),
- Do not fit Kamado Joe Classic Divide & Conquer,
- Vision™ Grills Large Adjustable Rig Spider Combo,
- Vision Woo Ring, all grills except XL and M Series,
- Pit Boss 22 Spider,
Please note that (2) 15" Half Stones will not fit the Large Big Green Egg or Classic Kamado Joe Spiders. One fits, but not two. Using One is a great way to zone the cook while grilling on the fire ring level.
Use both 15" Half Stones to set-up an indirect, low & slow BBQ, cook. Use one 15" Half Stone with Spider to create a half indirect set-up under the grilling surface.
Use both for thin crust pizza. Important to have the Half Stones high in the dome. For thick/thin crust pizza, can use 2 sets of 15" stones - one for blocking, the other as the pizza stone. Don't forget to add a barrier between the stone and pizza dough. The barrier prevents the dough from sticking to the stone. Corn meal or parchment paper works for a barrier. Foil the top of the stone if placing food (other than dough) directly on the stone.
Stone specifications are 15" to 15-1/4" diameter, 5/8" thickness and high refractory ceramics. Do not oil or use dish detergents on the stone. Best to clean with heat. Best to set the stone while the grill comes to temperature to prevent thermal shock.
Check out our 14" and 16" Stainless Drip Pans, Ceramic Spacers and 3x8 Turners. Use the Pans to catch drippings on BBQ cooks. Use the Spacers to lift the pizza stone above the blocking stone. Use the long Turner to work/check the pizza dough during the cook.
Made specifically for Ceramic Grill Store.