The Spider is a handy accessory that provides a wide range of flexibility.
- Drop inside the fire ring and get closer to the fire for searing, blackening or grilling. Getting closer to fire means we don't have to grill as hot when compared to grilling atop the fire ring. 13" Cast Iron Grid is recommended.
- Pair the Spider with the 15" Half Ceramic Stone to divide the cooking area into two zones. Zone one is direct to the fire. Zone two is indirect with the Half Stone blocking the heat. Cooking grid is sitting atop the fire ring.
- Pair the Spider with the 13" Round Ceramic Stone and Divide & Conquer System to create a pizza set-up. The Spider provides approximately 2" space between D&C grids and Stone and helps push the pizza stone up in the dome. 13" stone matches up nicely to the ConvEGGtor's diameter - helps prevent burned curst.
- Wokking with the Spider up puts the top of the 16" wok near the felt line. Having it up make it easier to handle the wok and cook. Most folks prefer up.
- It can be a hassle flipping burgers when the grid is on the fire ring. If you have the large cast iron grid, the Spider can raise the grid up a couple inches to make flipping much easier. It only works with the cast iron grid.
- Pair the Spider with the 13" round ceramic stone to set-up indirect for big barbeque cooks on the Adjustable Rig. This is the set-up for 4 pork butts or two briskets on the Large Adjustable Rig.
- Use the Spider outside the EGG to keep hot objects off your table. Perfect solution for managing a hot ConvEGGtor, grid, stone or pan.
- If you like wokking hot and fast, it's Spider down and 16" wok. Good steak fire is all you need to wok.