Custom Fabricated Accessories for the Large Big Green Egg® & Kamado Joe®
Update: May 13, 2012
With the Woo Rings, it’s all about "simplicity" with a raised grid. The PSWoo provides a simple way to raise the grid to the felt line for direct or indirect set-ups. Simply set the PSWoo on the fire ring, place the grid on the top ring and start grilling. Or, simply slide the platesetter on the PSWoo's lower ring and start smoking, low and slow. The PSWoo set-ups are the premier choice if you do not cook for large numbers or are looking for a convenient way to raise the grid.
NOTE: We recommend you take one quick measurement in your Large Big Green Egg® or Kamado Joe® before ordering. This is the simplest way we’ve found to make sure the PSWoo will fit. Measure the distance from the top of the fire ring to the felt rim on the base. The measurement should be approximately 4-1/4". If it is not, contact us and we’ll see what we can do to get you set-up. With the Kamado Joe®, you'll need to order our 18" Stainless Grid.
The Large PSWoo has a couple of significant upgrades over the prior Large Woo designs. The upgrades are:
- Handles allow for easy access in and out of the cooker;
- Works in tandem with the Large BGE platesetter;
- PSWoo3 includes a third lower ring that drops into the grill's fire ring. It's similar to our popular Spider accessory.
Basic PSWoo design specs are:
- 1/4", 304 Stainless Steel, round bar material;
- passivated finish;
- PSWoo3's lower (Spider) ring is Tig welded for improved durability & strength in the heat zone;
- Proudly fabricated in the USA.
We dig this new design so much, we're excited to say: The PSWoo is Patent Pending.
- The PSWoo positions the 18" BGE stock cooking grid near the felt line for direct or indirect cooks. The 18" grid easily slips over the handles and rests on the top ring.
- The PSWoo handles make it easier to lift the set-up in and out of the cooker. It's a convenient way to check the lump without dismantling the entire set-up. With proper hand protection, simply slip your fingers under the handles and lift the PSWoo up and out. It's best to have a staging area close to your cooker to set the PSWoo.
- The PSWoo works in tandem with the BGE Large platesetter. We did this so it's easier to lift the platesetter in and out during a cook. Again, a handy option for checking the lump or adding wood chunks during a cook. The platesetter slides between the PSWoo's two rings and sits on the lower ring's half circle indentations. Pictured below right shows the PSWoo upside down and how the platesetter rests on the PSWoo's lower ring. The handles act as a stop, so you can't push the platesetter in too far.
- The PSWoo makes it easier to change between a direct and indirect cook with the platesetter. There's no need to touch the grid or food. Simply, set the PSWoo on a solid surface and slide the platesetter in or out along the the frontside. Make sure to wear proper hand protection if the platesetter is hot. The top ring on the PSWoo holds the BGE Large grid, so the platesetter carries no weight.
- The PSWoo3 includes a third ring that drops into the grill's fire ring. This is similar to our popular Spider accessory. The third ring drops approximately 2" into the fire ring. Use the "Spider" ring to grill/sear closer to the lump with BGE's 13 inch cast iron grid, Model 13CI, or set-up indirect using our 13" stone and 13.5" Stainless Drip Pan. More on the actual Large Spider can be found here. Please note, wokking on the PSWoo is possible but not recommend.